Big Data Architect / Lead
We are currently working on an exciting new Big Data project for a Fortune 500 company here in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
For this, we’re recruiting for multiple Big Data Architects / Leads to evaluate, design, develop, test and maintain big data solutions on Enterprise Data Hub (Helix) platform. You’ll be tasked with building large-scale data processing systems and need to be an expert in data modelling & processing solutions, with the ability to work with the latest Big Data and NoSQL database technologies.
As you’ll be working with cutting edge technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively.
As a Big Data Architect / Lead you will need to have the following experience:
– Having over all 10+ years of IT development experience in Data, Database, JAVA or any programming languages.
– Minimum 5+ years of working experience in the Apache Hadoop framework, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, Spark, Spark Streaming and Scala.
– Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Big Data and batch/real-time ingestion and analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies.
– Minimum of 5+ years of experience in JAVA, spring, Elasticsearch and Cassandra.
– Good understanding about Lambda architecture
– Architects Big Data analytics framework.
– Translates complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design, and high performing software
– Codes, tests, and documents new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics.
– Understand the source systems data, gather & able to transfer the data into HDFS as RAW and Decomposed layer (including writing Oozie workflow, coordinators, Sqoop and Flume).
– Exposure in handling to massive quantities of data by taking advantage of both batch and speed methods.
– Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics; potentially other advanced math as well and good working knowledge of SQL ability.
– Deep knowledge in data mining, data modelling, data processing, machine learning, natural language processing or information retrieval.
– Experience in processing large amounts of structured / unstructured data.
– Having exposure on the Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Navigator, Hue, Shell Scripting, Apache Pig and Python
– Good understanding in XSD, XML and JSON schemas
– Exposure on Graph Databases – Neo4j
– Worked on IT security and standardization for Hadoop related technologies
– Integrating Hadoop with Oracle and NoSQL databases
– Exposure to MSTR, BI.BO, Tabulo and other data visualizing tools
This position is offering a tax-free salary between 40,000 and 60,000 AED per month (depending on experience), this coverts to 8,000-12,000 GBP or 8,500-12,500 Euros per month, tax-free. On top of this salary, you will also receive an annual airline ticket to your home country, private health insurance, paid annual and public holidays.