Head of Buying
This position would see you join a leader in the Middle-East, a thriving e-commerce business who are going from strength to strength and become an important part of their growth plans.
As the Head of Buying you will be responsible for the strategy of the department ensuring that the Buyers are sourcing and managing brands in line with company objectives. You will have full responsibility for the buying departments strategy whilst coaching a large team of Buyers, Forecasters and Merchandisers. As a key member of the Senior Management team, you will be accountable for driving product strategy, profitability, efficiency and growth.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment, be entrepreneurial and driven to achieve results. As an experienced Head of Buying you will already know the importance of being confident in both the analytical data and understanding of the product. You will have a great eye and possess a deep understanding of the local competitive market.
– You will work closely with Senior Management to develop and execute the retail strategy in line with the business strategic targets of sales, margins and stocks.
– Define the sourcing and product strategy that will deliver the company targets and lead a high-performance team toward achieving them.
– Engage closely with marketing and editorial to ensure retail alignment with the communication strategy.
– Direct and oversee balanced range assortments are developed and/or procured in line with the Brand and customer strategy.
– Have deep understanding of the business’s customer base and develop new product ranges appropriate to each customer archetype
– Possess a passion for product, an understanding of the market and an awareness of trend both locally and internationally.
– Develops a sound supply policy for the Brand, striving for consistent best practice partnerships. Foresees future weaknesses / needs and suggests possible solutions and negotiate key trading terms with new and incumbent suppliers.
– Aggressively trade the business by driving and implementing initiatives to reach company’s financial goal
– Analyse and report on trading patterns, advises teams and ensures appropriate action is taken to unforeseen sales reactions.
– Continually review process to ensure that the business is fast and first
Qualifications & Skills:
– 7+ years Buying experience (3 + years managerial experience)
– E-Commerce / Online Retailer experience
– Strong numeracy and analytical skillsWorking within budget guidelines.
– Manages budgets and projects effectively and can communicate status clearly
– Proven experience leading teams to succeed through clear coaching, development and strategy
– Analytical thinker with strong business acumen with the ability to use innovation to solve complex problems
– Ability to drive, negotiate, question, evaluate and communicate ideas and initiatives
– Excellent creative flair with the ability to predict forthcoming moods, trends, themes.
– Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results.
– Agile intellect, flexible work style with the ability to work in a rapid paced, energised environment
– Strong team player who is driven to succeed and draws inspiration from working