Senior 3rd level Linux/Unix Engineer
Are you are a Linux/Unix wizard, a Redhat certified engineer, a top trouble shooter and want to work across large scale virtual and physical infrastructures for some of the best enterprise clients across the region. If so we are looking to build an elite team of Senior 3rd level Linux/Unix Engineer’s to join an Enterprise Digital Consultancy.
As Senior 3rd Level Linux/Unix Engineer some of your key responsibilities will be to:
– Provide 3rd level support for Linux sysadmins and for mobile support teams
– Handle incident management processes and communication in line with company standards and procedures
– Track downtime and maintain a log of all incidents escalated to level 3 support
– Oversee configuration management work
– Perform QA reviewing proposed data changes, assess risk, provide mitigation and provide technical sign off
– Undertake break fix activities joining bridges and investigating root cause. Where appropriate develop mitigation plans. This will include working with Tier Engineering, System Integrators, and Vendors.
– Manage large scale Linux server environments: including deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring and tuning, security hardening, trouble shooting and production operations.
– Deal with daily operations of online services, including but not limited to firewall, DNS, web and databases.
– Contribute to the evolving architecture of our Linux and storage services to meet changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, manageability, and price.
– Maintain strong security of networks and take care of implementation of various host and network security policies and procedures
Key skills and experience:
– 8-10 yrs experience Linux/ Unix & Android engineering support experience
– Solid understanding of Linux internals and experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of large scale virtual and physical Unix/Linux based infrastructures
– Strong root cause analysis / trouble shooting skills
– Good knowledge of solarwinds, Splunk or equivalent log server tech
– Excellent knowledge of Apache, Ngnix, NoSQL, MySQL or equivalent database.
– Excellent knowledge of Linux cloud based solutions like AWS and in-depth knowledge of auto scaling.
– Excellent knowledge of mobile app development environments and portals, app version control, closed group testing, and large-scale deployment in a corporate environment
– Strong programming skills and experience in scripting languages like Perl/Shell/Python.
– Good knowledge of load balancing techniques, FTP, DNS
– Strong background with automation & orchestration tech
– Ability to troubleshoot Kernel-level problems and pinpoint issue origin.
Ideally have the following certs:
– ITIL or CoBIT Certified
– RedHat Certified Engineer (or equivalent UNIX/UNIX OS certification)
In return, there is a salary of 25-38k AED p/month tax-free, visa and sponsorship, private health insurance, education and annual flights and much more!